Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween has always been one of my most favorite holidays. I've (almost) always made the kids costumes, lately I've been slacking ;)
In the past we've done: mermaid, robot (twice), rapunzel, dracula, clown, fish and fisherman, witch, gnome, and a cowboy. This year we're going as a 50's style carhop complete with roller skates (totally her idea), hockey player, and one undecided. Squirt is very opposed to dressing up this year, he won't keep any costume on for more than a minute! He has three choices though... skeleton, spiderman, or Buzz Lightyear. I think the idea of missing out on the candy will convince him to just wear the freaking costume :)

I'll leave you with photos of our trip to the pumpkin patch. A *very* late in the season pumpkin patch, it's very Oklahoma ;) Photo by Squirt himself.



Squirt chose the *perfect* pumpkin. We've been reading (and re-reading and re-reading) this book, The Littlest Pumpkin. Poor little pumpkin doesn't get chosen by any of the visitors to the farm stand, all he wants is to be turned into a jack-o-lantern! I won't give away the ending but it's happy :)
Anyways, he went with the sole purpose to find "The Littlest Pumpkin" and fulfill it's Halloween destiny. Awfully sweet :)

1 comment:

Timothy said...

O, why did I have to stop by your site! Now I'm hungry for some fried okra and a chicken fried steak... the latter of which is non-existent in the state of South Carolina! :(