Monday, December 8, 2008

Shel Silverstein

I wish I could write a poem about how wonderful and amazing I think Shel Silverstein is. My love runs deep, I have the little bearded man tattooed on my arm. That tattoo has sparked so many funny conversations!

Anyways, this is what I'm making my dad for Christmas! He shares my affection for Mr. Silverstein and I think these will be hilarious in his office :) I'm embroidering the illustrations and then I'll print off the poem and assemble it somehow (haven't figured that part out yet!). This first one is h-u-g-e, it'll take a couple more episodes of Criminal Minds or House to finish it up.

This one is Complainin' Jack from Falling Up....





And this is Wild Strawberries from A Light in the Attic...



Oh My! I can't wait to finish up the bags I'm working on for Ms. Knittydirtygirl, they are going to be so amazing! Her little one is absolutely adorable, I've never had cuter fabric to work with!

3 comments:

Colleen MacDonald said...

Oh. My. Gosh. These are so amazing. I love Shel, too. Your Dad is so lucky!

MarieP said...

Those are cute to the nth degree of cute!

Rachel-Marie said...

you are a-may-zing!!!! - knittydirtygirl