Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last Day of School!

So tomorrow is the last day of the school year for my two oldest kiddos, they are beyond excited :) I can never understand why though, within a couple days they'll be "soooo bored".
Little do they know I have signed them up for every camp, program, class, etc that has come my way! Muahahahaha!

Anyways... I thought I'd share our Teacher Appreciation gifts for this year!
For my oldest's two teachers we did mugs and coffee :) I had him peruse Etsy and this is what he came up with:


From Circa Ceramics


From Scrumdidlyump

And little Miss wanted to make her present (awww! that's my girl!) so we came up with an embroidery in a hoop. She did the drawing and I traced it out onto the fabric, love all the smiling faces :). She and I took turns with the stitching, she's not half bad I tell ya! The flowers are paper and then we used alphabet beads to spell out "You Rock". These photos are before I glued it into place and trimmed the extra fabric:





Too sweet :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for summer! There is nothing more exciting as a kid :) those gifts are the cutest! I bet their teachers loved them!~

Brigid said...

I love the gift you and your daughter made! So flippin' cute. I love creative kiddos. I'm gonna hafta get me some of them. :)

Early Bird Special said...

Wow, Adrian! All of the gifts are so cool! But the embroidery wins my heart. What a great idea using paper flowers and beads!

Estela said...

I love the gift your daughter made! talented little lady!
I want that bicycle mug! hehe

Sharon said...

adorable

Margie said...

I also love getting my kiddo's teachers gifts! They all get candles since that's what we do! But your little girl's gift was soo precious:)
Margie ~ jd's candles