Friday, August 7, 2009

Frankoma

A week (or two?) ago I scored this gorgeous hodgepodge set of Frankoma pottery at our local Salvation Army. AND it was Crazy Days so I got it on sale! More photos on Flickr...



Not particularly rare or anything just flippin awesome! Yellow is and has always been my favorite color, it's a happy color :) And the rectangular "sandwich platters" are so sweet, I was so excited there were so many of them. I contacted the Frankoma guy and he said the whole lot was worth at least 3 times what I paid, nice!
I was super excited to see lots of fun pieces on Ebay in the same glaze. A deviled egg plate! A bean pot! Tumblers! A planter! This could get bad ;)



A big wind blew through a couple weeks ago (man, I'm late!) and knocked our woodpecker hacienda out of the tree. Thankfully they were done with the place! They've been using that same branch for at least 3 years :)
Hopefully they come back next spring, Squirts all time favorite spring activity is watching the "red headed pecker" work on his nest.

4 comments:

Brigid said...

Whoa! I grew up eating off those exact plates at my grandmother's house. She had/has tons of Frankoma.

Heather said...

i live just down the road from Frankoma!~ love that stuff...

SheezKrafty said...

They are so pretty! I've been stuck in a yellow fascination for about a year now and I fear that it is sticking ;) GREAT find! Frankoma pottery is SO cool!

Margie said...

I really love this set of dishes! You are totally lucky! ~ Margie