Monday, January 10, 2011

Cosmo Bag - Complete!


Hurrah! This enormous bag is labeled as "Easy". I think my seam ripper has a different opinion. At one point I was just about to sew the FINAL internal seam and realized I had put the handles on backwards. Oh yeah, backwards. I had looked at the photos over and over again and didn't see that my monstrosity looked... wrong! Duh. She cleaned up nice though, glad all my mistakes were on the inside :) 

SO. What I learned is to read and re-read every single direction. To look at every single picture/illustration and compare it to my work. To not assume that because I can sew, that I know how to do it without instructions. And I think I need to start talking out loud to myself, just to be sure :)


She sure is a pretty thing though! Perfect fabric for the main exterior if I do say so myself. I was hoping to make a dent in that particular piece of yardage, nope.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the bags in the book, even with my many mistakes I thoroughly enjoyed this pattern.
I don't however plan to keep most of these 12 bags!
Cosmo is going to live in Arizona with my sister, she's a knitter and if there was ever a bag for holding yarn... this is it.
I am sure there will many giveaways here over the coming year! Yay!

4 comments:

chrysalis1975 said...

what a fabulous bag for your sister!! I wish I were this talented :) I'll just enjoy from the sidelines & continue to watch the blog!

Take care~~~Tame

Lisa said...

Your bag came out beautiful! I'm new to sewing and so wish there were more illustrations and more clear directions. My bag is taking me HOURS but I'm sure when it's finished I am going to love it.

SewLindaAnn said...

I am completely in love with that fabric. What is it? Or should I say was.

SewLindaAnn said...

Forget about the last question, I went back in your blog and saw that it was a clearance piece. I love large florals and tend to "collect" instead of use them. I'm inspired now though.