Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Adventures in Sewing :)

Happy New Year!

Our Christmas break has been wonderful :) Lots of cooking and eating, staying up super late, and lots of Netflix.

Needless to say I'm itching to get sewing again.
Thank goodness Miss Jemellia of JemJam is hosting a year long Bag Challenge!
Amy Butler's book Style Stitches has 12 chapters, one bag a month for 2011.


Join in the fun for one or two or twelve months :) I like to stay in my comfort zone so this will be a fun way to learn some new skills and challenge myself. I am also going to make myself use at much from my fabric stash as possible, I'm the first one to admit it's getting a little crazy in there :)
So here are my fabric selections for January's bag (the one on the cover):


The floral is a piece I picked up on clearance over 3 years ago (!) and haven't done a thing with. The black dot will be the coordinating print for the handles/button and the mustard is lining. I also picked up a still in the plastic bolt of fusible interfacing and used my 40% coupon at the local HobLob, the ladies hate it when I buy the whole bolt :)
I'll be back with a finished photo before the end of the month, hopefully!

4 comments:

Jemellia said...

I'm excited to see this sewn! I am loving everyone's prints/selections!

I always get funny looks when I buy the whole bolt, too. Yes, I've done it several times.

See you at the end of the month!

Ashley and Jason Faucett said...

I love this idea! I am a bag person, so of course I love it! ;) I may have to check out the book and try the 'challenge' on my own time. :) I'm excited to see how this goes! Good luck! Have fun!!!

nessa said...

sigh. I should do this. I really really want to learn how to sew but can hardly even do a straight stitch.

Adrian said...

Oh my seam ripper is my bff and has seen quite a bit of action already on this project! I just don't like to read directions... or follow a pattern... or have any kind of patience... at all.
Hopefully I'll learn some in this process :)