Thursday, April 28, 2011

Skirts!

Last month I took a break and made my favorite little girl some skirts. She's a very *ahem* fashion forward girl with her own sense of style. They needed to be bright... colorful... and not "go" with anything in particular. She despises anything matchy-matchy.
Pockets were a must as was fullness. She may be 11 but she still needs that twirl factor!
I pulled tips from Freshly Picked, MADE, and pure "you can do it" inspiration from Miss Jemellia.
I made a total of 6 skirts. If you have been reading this for any amount of time you have already figured when I do something, I OVER-do it :)



And today's ensemble:

And this is from last week.... 

The pockets were super easy, nothing like putting in a zipper! I did find that I was still too stingy to part with much of my "good" fabric and ended up buying specifically for skirts. I wish she had been more "girly" when she was little, this is fun! 

4 comments:

michelle said...

these are awesome!!! wow, what a lucky girl! you are so talented!!

Katie said...

ZOMGGG these are so friggin cute. I love her sense of style, she is so fun!

sweetheartville said...

Those are fabulous! Love her sense of style.

MarieP said...

Oooooh, those are adorable! And so is your sweet daughter!