Friday, May 13, 2011

May's Bag - Perfectly Pleated Clutch


I am not thrilled about this bag. I like the prints I have just the way they are and all this pleating is just going to fudge them up! I don't even care for AB's example bags, the dots are too clumpy to my picky eye. 
So, there's my complaining. 
I fussed back and forth which fabrics to sacrifice to the Perfectly Pleated Clutch for over an hour. Trying to keep the pleats in mind and not pick something with too much direction or pattern. 
My thinking is the more random the print to begin with the less weird the pleats will make it look in the end. 


So I went batik, nice and random :)

Purple/blue- outside pleated
Blue- outside bands and handle
Pink- lining

Might have to dig through the thrift store jewelry stash for a suitable brooch for the front. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the final result. I'm sure you can make even a 'meh' pattern look good!

Bree said...

Those are going to be beautiful pleated. I kind of wish I'd chosen something different since my pleats ended up making a pattern, but I still like it in the end. You could also just make the clutch with the fabric you like without pleating it.