Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June's Bag - Teardrop Bag


Now onto this month's Amy Butler bag! Teardrop Bag did make me want to shed a little tear when first flipping through the book. The strap seems awkward to me and overall it seems (to be blunt) a little pedestrian and boring for AB. Eh, what do I know... I sure as heck have been wrong before!
Continuing with my goal of using my stash, here are my fabrics:


First I have this random 1/2 yard of Anna Marie Horner's Good Folks that I bought forever ago. The stripes and size of print have made it pretty darn hard to find a project for, I'm going to use those to my advantage :) The yellow is Moda and the pink is a batik, looks red but is hotcha pink :) I'm using the cream for the pocket, just to lighten up the insides.

Brown/Pink/Yellow/Cream Print- exterior main
Yellow Dot- bands and handle
Pink- interior main
Cream- pocket

Back in a few days!

1 comment:

Bree said...

I had the same thoughts on this bag when I saw it in the book, but I kind of like how it's turning out now that I'm working on it. Looking forward to seeing your completed bag.