Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Console TV to Dog Bed

One of the many DIY-home-improvement-crafty sort of projects I took on before the move was this miraculous transformation, console tv to dog bed.
Inspired (as always) by the internets and enabled by the local Habitat Re-Store.
This beast of a television was only $4.00, what a steal!




 Thankfully I had not one, but two very handy menfolk to take the guts out for me :)


Now this is the part I didn't take photos of, I know... terrible. But very soon after we started filling the garage with boxes for the truck. I really didn't need to do anything to the front or the inside, the top however, was a scratched up mess. I ended up sanding it down and painting it a lovely dandelion yellow.
I also attached a piece of wood across the back at the bottom, to better hold a pillow... and so her little behind wouldn't slide out :)

Here we are in the new house with a dog INSIDE the television:



It was amazing how quickly she adopted this bed. I pointed, tossed her toy in, and there we go! It's her spot, in the middle of everything but no one is tripping over her bed. All very contained and cute :)

27 comments:

craftyminx said...

EEP! Soo adorable!!

Briana Shepley said...

VERY cute!

Jemellia said...

I love you.

~*~Patty S said...

hello
stumbled upon your Fried Okra (Love that) blog hopping...from the Crochet blog actually

Just have to say how incredibly sweet and wonderful this is and we don't even have any pets hah!

I admire a good recycling project...I was also drooling over all of those tubes and innards for altered art.
oxo

Linda said...

This is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

awesome! I'm still smiling... Mx

carole brungar said...

I love your ideas!! Very clever and your wee cutie is very lucky!

PaisleyJade said...

Seriously... that is the coolest dog bed ever!!!!!!

Inna said...

That is adorable! I love dogs. And I love cool projects. So this is definately a *winner*!

Alycia said...

this is such an awesome idea!! very cute :)

Maggie said...

The is AMAZING!!! And I also love the quilt in there and the little doilies you mucked have tacked onto the back of your couch. :-)

Maggie said...

*meant "must have" oops!

lindsay harmony said...

This is so amazing!

gingermakes said...

So, so cute!! Love the bed and the beag!

camoren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dog bed said...

very nice

Michelle Paganini said...

brilliant!

Christa @ Controlling Craziness said...

How cute, and so original. Saw this on pinterest and had to check it out. I don't even have a dog, but if I did, I'd want to do this.

Junassicpark said...

THAT is an awesome reuse! I think I know where I can get a console tv.

Mam said...

I have one of those tv's in my basement and before we take it to the recycling center for old electronics, I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can make one for our dog. Problem 1 is he's 85 pounds, so I have to see if he will even fit and problem 2, he usually chews his beds and blankets so I'll have to see what I can do.

Mam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have actually been thinking about doing this and decided to Google it on a whim. How on earth did you get the guts out? I am guessing it was not easy??? I would love to keep the glass and have an entry to the dog bed from the back of the unit. Do you think this is possible?

Sarah said...

I love this!! I don't have a dog right now but if I get one I'm going to do this too.
By the way this is the first time vie been to your blog and I love it and I'm reading all your posts.

Maria Parker said...

Maria Parker says

I need 3, now I am going to be on the look out. Def need one love it and it is so classy

Jay said...

Thats a really great idea! Very cute!!!♡♥♡♥♡

Adaiha said...

What a great idea! Love it!

Gaby N said...

Great!!