Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I've Been Up To, Part Deux...

The break has obviously not run it's course. I am still tinkering and sampling, feeling flighty.
My days are still so randomly hectic and scattered concerning the children and their schedules. School, doctors, dentists, sports, band, blah blah blah. And now I have an upcoming bump in the road that will be a bother for who knows how long. I am finally going to have surgery on my foot and the recovery is anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 weeks. No driving, but more troubling is the no sewing machine until it is fully recovered. This has me anxious! I am in super prep mode, trying to get done all the machine sewing I want and save the hand sewing for those weeks I am out.

SO! Lovely readers, if you don't mind giving me your opinion on these two elephants:
Elephant A
Made from sweaters, jointed limbs, scrap yarn tail, and button eyes.


Elephant B
Made from a pair corduroy pants, cotton circus print, jointed limbs, yarn tail, and button eyes


And the two together... 
Elephant A is much larger than her friend and doesn't stand on her own very well. Elephant B's head to body seam is very puckery but I'm sure I could improve on that. 

Opinions?
I love them both, they are special little snowflakes in their own way, but I am in need of only one elephant.

Then there is this:

Him I could eat with a spoon! This little fella has been a big hit at the Mix household. Several requests and at least one showed up in time for Valentine's Day.

{More photos of all three on the Flickr}

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Love them all but Elephant A is my fave! I'd so scoop him up if he was for sale!!!

Casey said...

I like elephant A! They are both really cute, though. :)

Michelle said...

also love the turtle!!

annotations said...

Also like A better of the two. And his/her trunk is lifting upwards--a sign of good luck, I think, so might sell better. Love the turtle, too!

Briana Shepley said...

I'm with the masses...I love A! AND that turtle!! Hope the foot business goes well!

curlyqmosaics said...

I love these! So very cute! If I had to pick one elephant, I am loving the sweater one, of course I have a weakness for cable knits. :)

I gave the dachshund to Sam for Valentine's. Of course my older son is upset that i didn't get him one. So, I would like to order another from you when you get to feeling better.

Good luck with your surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Tonya said...

I love them both, but B would be my favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

i think they are both really cute, but A is the one that makes me want to squeeze and cuddle. :)